Elizabeth Warren, Liberal Democrat Senator from Massachusetts, has spoken out against Donald Trump.
Recall not only is Warren an ardent Liberal Statist, but also an ardent Transracial human, i.e., she believed (and perhaps still does depending on the day) and asserted herself to be of American Indian descent when she hasn’t a shred of empirically verifiable proof that American Indian DNA exists within her.
That’s okay. She’s a Liberal. For Liberals, truth is not about science, it’s about psyche. Whatever you believe yourself to be is what you are.
No doubt this lie assisted her initial entry into Harvard as well as her subsequent professorship there…oh sorry! Liberals don’t do that. Liberals are too pure, too clean, too superior both morally and intellectually over their lessers, i.e., you and me…to lie.
Liberals never lie.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren delivered a fiery condemnation of Donald Trump on Tuesday, continuing her role as an unflinching antagonist to the presumptive Republican nominee and leading both high profile politicians to sharply and publicly mock each other.
In a speech at the Center for Popular Democracy’s annual gala, the progressive stalwart took aim at Trump’s business record and populist rhetoric during a 10-minute invective, and Trump responded by calling Warren “Pocahontas,” reviving a 2012 controversy how the Massachusetts senator described her Native American heritage.
Warren portrayed the billionaire real estate mogul as uncaring and dishonest — picking up on Trump’s comments he made about the 2008 financial crisis.
“What kind of a man roots for people to get thrown out of their houses? What kind of a man roots for people to get thrown out of their jobs? To root for people to lose their pensions?” Warren asked.
“I’ll tell you exactly what kind of a man does that,” she continued. “It is a man who cares about no one but himself. A small, insecure, money-grubber who doesn’t care who gets hurt, so long as he makes a profit off it.”
Oh my the charge is made! The gauntlet has been laid down…indeed forcefully!
Let’s grant the argument from Pocahontas…
Let’s grant her that Donald Trump is indeed “a man who cares about no one but himself”. Let’s grant her proposition that Trump “doesn’t care who gets hurt, so long as he makes a profit off it.”
If such a charge is to be validly laid against TheTrumpster for profiting from foreclosures then would it not apply to others as well?
Let’s go back to June 2, 2012, where the Boston Herald broke this story:
Elizabeth Warren, who has railed against predatory banks and heartless foreclosures, took part in about a dozen Oklahoma real estate deals that netted her and her family hefty profits through maneuvers such as “flipping” properties, records show.
A Herald review has found that the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate rapidly bought and sold homes herself, loaned money at high interest rates to relatives and purchased foreclosed properties at bargain prices.
Land records from Warren’s native Oklahoma City show the Harvard professor was active in the often topsy-turvy real estate market in the 1990s, including:
- Purchasing a foreclosed home at 2725 West Wilshire Boulevard from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for $61,000 in June 1993, then selling it in December 1994 for $95,000 — a 56 percent mark-up in just 18 months.
- Buying a house at 200 NW 16th St. for $30,000 in August 1993, then flipping it for $145,000 — a 383 percent gain after just five months.
- Lending one of her brothers money at 9.5 percent interest to buy a home at 1425 Classen Drive for $35,000 in August 2000. He sold the place three months later for $38,500 — a 10 percent gain in 75 days.
- Providing her brother with financing to buy a $25,000 house at 4301 NW 16th St. in 1994. He sold the property four years later for $42,000, a 68 percent increase.
- Giving her sister-in-law a mortgage in 1996 to buy a $31,000 home at 2621 NW 13th St. Three years later, the sister-in-law sold the place for $45,000 — a 45 percent boost in three years.
- Providing her brother with a loan in 1997 to buy 901 NW 22nd St. for $90,000. He sold it some two years later for $106,000 — an 18 percent increase.
- Giving her brother a mortgage to buy 3836 NW 12th St. in 1997 for $26,000. Nine years later, he unloaded the home for $45,000 — a 73 percent jump.
Herald columnist Howie Carr reported yesterday that Warren and her relatives also profited from two additional Oklahoma City foreclosures — in both cases showing triple-digit percentage gains.
Warren’s campaign issued a statement last night: “Elizabeth and (her husband) Bruce are fortunate to be in a position where they can help their family. They have been able to help relatives buy their homes and her nephew — a contractor — fix up houses.”
However, Warren and her family’s private investments don’t seem to square with her public statements about the latest real estate boom and bust.
“We are in the midst of one of the greatest economic crises in our country’s history — a crisis that began one lousy mortgage at a time,” the Democrat wrote on her campaign website, which also decries “a deregulated credit industry (that) squeezed families harder, hawking dangerous mortgages.”
Well now! How ‘bout them Liberals!!
When they do it, it’s not because they are money-grubbing profiteers who care nothing for others regardless of who gets hurt.
When they do it for profit it’s because they “are fortunate to be in a position” where they can “help relatives buy” the homes of those poor, unfortunate folks who’ve been unfairly hurt by the predatory actions of banks and other mean people who insist upon at the very least having the money they lent out (at a lower interest rate than Warren, by the way) returned to them.
These are hypocrite Liberals. This is the miserable hypocrisy of Liberalism.